- Financing assistance: helping to secure funding from investors or government bodies.
- Advise on how best to structure and set up international co-productions in order to maximise local production incentives while protecting the creative integrity of the project
Advising companies on their potential expansion plans and strategies, and how best to establish themselves in local emerging territories (China, Brazil, Korea) or established/subsidy rich local territories (France, UK, Germany)
Advise on negotiations at all levels of the production (chain of title, development deals, director’s deals, talent deals, …), finance (co-finance agreement, bank closing) and distribution process (acquisitions, negative pick up) as well as with any slate funding deals, or co-production agreements.
Advise clients on the best negotiation strategies and approach when dealing with difficult counterparts or a party with very different practices due to their cultural differences
Corporate: Negotiating and papering critical development slate deal, output deals, joint venture with partners;
Establishing in-house procedures to facilitate the flow of information between the business affairs department and the other departments of the company (marketing, finance, accounting, …)
Film Finance: Negotiating and closing of multi million bank/equity finance deals from the legal/business perspective for all IM Global productions. Working closely with the bank/equity bond company’s lawyers;
- Talent recruitment: Script analysis and development: helping to fine-tune the script and create a compelling storyline that people that usually don’t read, will read
- casting actors, hiring crew members, and sourcing locations.
- Pre-production services: budgeting, scheduling, and coordinating logistics.
- Post-production services: editing, visual effects, sound design, and music scoring.
- Production/Distribution: Negotiating, structuring and papering all major deals related to the production, finance, and distribution: financing agreement, interparty agreements, co-productions, underlying rights acquisitions, above the line talent deals, sales agency agreements, domestic distribution deals, distribution agreements with the major international distributors;
- Sales and distribution: finding distribution channels, negotiating contracts, and marketing the film.
- Legal and business affairs: ensuring contracts are properly structured, helping with insurance, and providing legal advice.
- Marketing and promotion: creating a marketing plan, producing promotional materials, and running advertising campaigns.
- Festival strategy: assisting in the submission process to festivals, handling travel arrangements, and arranging screenings.